Proper care of skin is critical during cancer... to protect vulnerable skin areas and promote skin healing.
Your skin's condition, texture, color and hydration status can be affected by the type of cancer you have and how intense the treatment is. This can lead to possible infection, so your skin needs special care. When your physician says your treated skin is ready for skincare, here are helpful guidelines to follow.
Keep Skin Very Hydrated
To hydrate the facial skin… use ULTRA Intensive Moisture Therapy day and night and once in between to heavily hydrate dry areas. For severe facial dryness, also use EXTRACT Dry Skin Hydrating Plant Oil twice a day under ULTRA Intensive Moisture Therapy to protect, soothe, calm and help with cracking and discomfort. To hydrate the hands, feet and body… use NEROLI Body Silkening Nutrient Creme at least 3 times a day to give immediate relief while powerfully moisturizing and protecting the dry areas.
Intensive Moisture Therapy
Dry Skin Hydrating Plant Oil
Body Silkening Nutrient Creme
Use Non-Detergent Cleansers... that are More Gentle to Skin
Detergent cleansers (most cleaners on the market) and soap are very harsh and are too drying and irritating, even oily skin. When challenged with cancer treatments, PRIMESSE Essential Facial Cleanser is an effective, yet gentle cleanser that removes dirt without stripping natural oils and further drying skin, to help maintain skin integrity.
Essential Facial Cleanser
Use L'ATHENE Products Two Weeks in Advance of Radiation... to Maximize Skin Health
To keep your skin in the best health possible prior to radiation, for the face, use SR-3 Skin Rejuvenation Starter Kit - ULTRA and, for the body, use NEROLI Body Silkening Nutrient Creme... on and around areas that are to be irradiated. Use 2 times a day everyday 2 weeks prior to your first treatment.
SR-3 Skin Rejuvenation Starter Kit
Body Silkening Nutrient Creme
Cancer is a real challenge for anyone facing this disease. It is vital to make the best choices possible for your maximum health and well-being... before, during and after treatment.
Medical treatments for cancer have advanced dramatically over the recent years for survival and longevity of life. However, these treatments can be very harsh to the skin and cause great discomfort.
It is good to prepare for skin changes from cancer treatments and know how to avoid possible problems to maximize your comfort level and provide relief.
Chemotherapy and Radiation can be Very Harsh to Skin
"Treatments for cancer can affect your skin at times, leaving it dry or flaky and more sensitive to exposure to sun, wind, and other elements," says Breastcancer.org.
Both chemotherapy and radiation can cause the skin to be extremely dry and sensitive.
Chemotherapy can affect your natural moisture skin barrier by reducing the amount of oil your glands secrete, therefore making your skin very dry and irritated. Hand Foot Syndrome can develop–a condition where the hands and feet become so severely cracked and dry that they peel, are very sensitive, and can interfere with your daily activities.
Radiation can cause dry flaky skin, redness, itching, rashes, weepy areas, burning, tenderness and skin color changes (lighter skin turns red or tan-looking and darker skin can get darker). Consult your medical team before using any skincare products.
Tissue Expanded Skin Must be as Healthy as Possible
To help promote optimum resuls for Post-Mastectomy Reconstruction, excellent skin health is very important through the duration of the tissue expansion treatments.
Avoid Harsh Standard Cosmetic Chemicals on Your Skin... found in Most Skincare
Almost all skincare products, including medical brands, contain standard cosmetic chemicals which are very harsh to skin.
- This can increase redness, irritation, rashes and dryness that may already be present or can increase the chances of these side effects occuring to the already vulnerable cancer-treated skin.
- By providing 'pure botanical nutrients' for skin with L'ATHENE Pure Nutrient Skin Treatments and eliminating abrasive cosmetic chemicals, you can help your skin repair, restore and regenerate to optimum skin health.
- Read more about the ingredients in L'ATHENE products.
Making Healthier Choices for You
L'ATHENE Pure Nutrient Skin Treatments are the healthy choice! At a time when you and your body are most challenged, the healthiest choices are critical for you!
- L'ATHENE pure products are made of pure high-quality vitamins, minerals, proteins, fatty acids, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and antibacterials.
- They are 99+% pure, healthy and natural (<1% chemicals to assure bacterial safety) to rebalance the oil, to minimize dry areas and to create healthier, more beautiful skin.
- They work in harmony WITH the body to TRULY nourish skin for the best health and best results in ALL ways for you!
- Shower with an organic shampoo to cleanse the body to help keep the skin in better moisture balance. This decreases the detergents on your body to keep the skin from being stripped and dry. Hydrate by drinking more.
- Drier skin, which often occurs, needs special care, so keeping well hydrated with fluids throughout the day as well as moisturizing your skin with pure nutrients can help to reduce the likelihood of dry skin.
- Be consistent for optimal results.
Building Your Immune System is KEY to a Healthy You
A strong immune system is critical when you are facing cancer or preventing cancer. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) says, “When normal cells turn into cancer cells... the patrolling cells of the immune system catch and eliminate these malignant cells. However, tumors develop when this immune 'body surveillance system' breaks down or is overwhelmed."
Proper Nutrition is Vital... plus Regular Exercise, Plenty of Rest and Stress Reduction
The National Cancer Institute has published dietary guidelines for the public:
- Reduce fat intake 30% of calories or less
- Increase fiber to 20-30 grams/day with an upper limit of 35 grams
- Include a variety of fruits and vegetables daily diet
- Avoid obesity
- Consume alcoholic beverages in moderation, if at all
- Minimize consumption of salt-cured, salt-pickled and smoked foods
Avoid Chemical Toxins in Your Life... so the Body Has Maximum Power to Restore Optimal Health
- Drink purified water when possible
- Avoid chemical house cleaners
- Use skin care products that are natural and pure (without the standard cosmetic chemicals).
- Use organic or non-detergent shampoo whenever possible. These can also be used as body washes.
Avoid Direct Sun Exposure
It is best to use products specifically made for sun protection only, with a sun block of SPF 25 or more.